Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are made with the limited company Kelslev Limited t/a The Kayaking Company, whose office is located at 82 O’Connell Street Limerick. Ireland.
- Final payments should reach The Kayaking Company no later than 30 days (60 days in the case of all destinations outside of Ireland) before the trip/course start date. If the balance is not received by the specified date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and your deposit will be forfeited, unless a delay in your payment has been agreed by The Kayaking Company. Bookings accepted after the balance due date can be secured with the appropriate deposit and full payment must then reach us within 7 days of us confirming your booking.
- We accept payment by bank transfer or bank deposit or through our online booking system.
- BANK: Allied Irish Banks. O’Connell Street Limerick. Ireland.
- Notice of cancellation must be given in writing. Should you cancel, the following scale of charges will apply:
- Cancellation more than 60 days before the trip starts – loss of deposit.
- Between 29 and 59 before the trip starts – 30% of total trip cost.
- Less that 30 days before the trip starts – 100% of total trip cost
Similar terms are adopted throughout the travel industry and cover the costs of advance payments made by The Kayaking Company. Cancellation charges may be covered by your travel insurance provided the reason for cancellation falls within the terms of the insurance policy.
- If you wish to transfer from one trip to another, an administration charge of €100 will be payable, up to the time that the final balance becomes due. Any transfer after this point will be treated as a cancellation. A transfer request must be notified in writing and will not be actioned on the original trip booked until the administration charge has been received.
- Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be realised that with this type of activity changes to the programme will occur from time to time. The Kayaking Company accepts neither responsibility nor liability, for any ensuing costs, or the consequences of any such change, however caused.
- Circumstances may arise where we are forced to alter dates, trip duration, transport schedules, or accommodation before a trip starts. We will try to inform you of any such changes as soon as possible.
- On assessing the conditions expected to be encountered on rivers or the abilities of the trip members, our trip leaders may decide to alter any proposed plan, river objective, river section or activity if they believe that to continue with the published itinerary, or any latterly agreed alternative, would place anyone at undue risk.
- Our trip leaders will do their utmost to ensure that any problems are solved for the benefit of the team as a whole. Signing the booking form signifies your acceptance of the trip leader’s authority to make decisions affecting the group or individuals. For instance, the trip leader may require an individual or individuals to leave the trip if they believe that a person or persons health is at risk, if an illegal act is committed, or behaviour may become, or has been, detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or well-being of the group.
- A client leaving a trip at any stage, for whatever reason, will not be entitled to any refund unless agreed by The Kayaking Company
- Trip sizes described are target sizes and may be changed at the discretion of The Kayaking Company. Similarly, leaders named in trip descriptions may also be changed.
- The Kayaking Company reserves the right to cancel any trip which does not receive sufficient bookings to make it financially viable.
- Anyone booked onto a trip cancelled by The Kayaking Company will be entitled to a full refund. Anyone on such a trip will be invited to transfer to another trip and no transfer fee will be payable. Should they transfer to another trip any difference in price will be invoiced or credited accordingly.
- Neither The Kayaking Company nor any of his representatives will be responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on our kayaking trips, nor will they be liable for any uninsured loss of personal property.
- The Kayaking Company cannot be made liable for the consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences, whatever they may be.
- In the event of civil unrest in a particular region, we undertake to inform our clients of the situation as soon as is possible.
- For all trips, you are advised to have insurance that covers you for all of the activities to be undertaken, including adequate insurance for white water kayaking including cover for search, helicopter rescue and medical repatriation.
- Having made every effort to ensure the correctness of our website, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
- Prices in this online brochure are based on costs and exchange rates that are reviewed quarterly. The Kayaking Company sincerely hopes that surcharges will not be necessary, but in the unlikely event that they are, you may cancel your booking without penalty if the surcharge amounts to more than 10% of the cost of the trip.
- The Kayaking Company’s agents and representatives, are not entitled to promise refunds for whatever reason, and The Kayaking Company will not be bound by any such promises.
- These booking conditions may only be waived in special circumstances, and in writing, by a letter from The Kayaking Company.
- The terms and conditions of all agreements made with The Kayaking Company shall be subject to, and governed by, the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
- When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
Branch Code: 93-52-47.
Account Number: 80701-089.